Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome to Petticoat Avenue!

Hello! My name is Emily Anne, I am 15 years old, and I am homeschooled with my four sisters(no brothers). Before I begin to tell you about the events that are currently happening in our lives, allow me to give you a word of introduction.

History is the Lords great novel. I always like to read Charles Dickens. He expertly intertwines several different plots to eventually tie together in the end. But history has many more plots, and it is written by Someone far, far more skillful than Charles Dickens, or any author who has ever lived, or ever will live. It is fascinating to read this great novel and see the many different plots affect one another and come together to create the history we study today. It is not limited only to countries, but there are also millions and billions of separate plots for every person that also affect one another, and what's more, people affect the course of history. The Reformation did not begin by itself; and it greatly affected history. Further, there is a history of literature, science, mathematics, and every subject you can think of. Everything began somewhere.
Literature, science, and mathematics have an effect on history, and have affected history, and it people who have studied them improved them. Oh, what a complex story history is! One day the Lord will tie it all together, when He creates the new heaven and new earth.

So, the story of my family and I, living in what I call 'Petticoat Avenue', is a small, small part of this great novel. I used to think that my life was boring, that no one would ever want to read about it, if I could even think of anything to write! But, I began to look and see the unique and interesting things in my life. Now there is no end to ideas for stories about my life, and my family's life. As you read, you may think I have an interesting life, that I just happened to be born into into one. But I encourage you to see the unique and interesting things in your own life, and you may realize, that it was not your life that was not interesting, but it was you that was not interested. I try to find the best words and style I can to write down this tiny part of the Lord's great novel.

Now that you understand where I am coming from as I write my stories, let me introduce to the cast! I don't have any pictures yet, but I will soon(hopefully!).


George Edward(Eddie) is my father. He is native to Georgia, and has love for the Scriptures and studies them deeply. He has always been a great teacher for me. There is a link to his website, Exchanged Life, on the sidebar. He has given me, as old heirlooms, dyslexia, and a sense of humor.
Jennie Anne is my mother. She and her family came down from New York, and in Georgia her brother Matt went to high school with Daddy before she met him. She stays at home and homeschools us, and also teaches us how to be homemakers, when the time comes for us to have our own home.
Lucy Catherine is my oldest younger sister. She has always been my closest companion, from the time when we played together as little girls. She will be 14 in April, and she loves dogs! She has two Boston terriers, Nanny and Oscar, and she hopes to breed dogs one day.
Natalie Olivia is 8 years old and smack in the middle of all the sisters, with two older and two younger. She always says what she thinks, and has a sense of humor. She's a sweet girl, too, and we all love her.
Sophia Rose the second youngest at 4 years old. She either talks constantly(and insists that we listen and answer her), or refuses to talk at all, usually when we want her to tell us something. She likes pretending, and she looks just like a miniature Natalie.
Abigail Grace is the youngest of all. She is 1 year old until March. Her four sisters smother her with kisses, and she's a cute little baby.
I'll have pictures soon. Goodbye, for now. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

3 comments:

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

I like your first post and I like "Petticoat Avenue"!
Natalie O.S.